FVA – Young Leader of the Year 2019
Following the mission of the Young Leaders Academy, Coaching Team invites young leaders to send their application now for the fifth time.
1. Purpose of call for application
The recognition of those young leaders who achieved outstanding results before age 40. Emphasizing the segments of leadership that go beyond successful personal achievements, effectiveness, the appropriate handling of the managerial tasks. The focus of the call is the conscious experiencing of the leader role, the self-consciousness.
- Leaders under 40
- Leaders of multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, non-profit organizations and public bodies
- At least 3 subordinates
- At least 1 year in a leading position
- Leader working in a multinational company
- Leader working in small and medium-sized enterprise
- Leader working in the non-profit sector
- Leader working in the public sector
4. Application process
Step 1: Recommendation
For the first time this year, not only leaders can apply, but anyone can recommend their leader acquaintance, husband, wife, relative, colleague, etc., who meets the requirements of the application. Help us find the Young Leader of the Year!
The recommendations are accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until November 29th, 2019. Recommendations may be submitted by providing the name and contact details of the leader.
Recommendations are not considered as formal application. The recommended leader will be contacted by email regarding the call for application.
Step 2: Submission of application
The focus of the call for application is the leadership path of the applicants: the results achieved, the impacts, the development of the leadership skills.
Questions of the application:
- Name of organization
- Category: multinational company, small and medium-sized enterprise, non-profit organization, public organization
- Position in the company
- Current responsibilities (maximum of 200 characters)
- Brief description of professional/ leadership path (maximum of 1000 characters)
- Results, effects achieved (maximum of 500 characters)
- Who/what helped in achieving it? (maximum of 150 characters)
- Leadership mission (maximum of 100 characters)
- What did you do for your leadership development? (max. 350 characters)
- What is the key of your success? (max. 100 characters)
- What are your goals for the next 5 years? (max. 100 characters)
- Write a cover letter for the jury!
The answers to the questions should be included in a presentation of a maximum of 20 slides. Please submit the presentation by email as an attachment!
Applications should be sent to email@example.com!
Step 3: Personal interview:
Applicants who made it to this round must send a minimum of 3 recommendations (supervisor / mentor, subordinate and someone who is important to you).
4. Evaluation of the application
Announcement – call for application: 17th October 2019
Recommendation period: 17th October – 29th November 2019
Closing date for submission of applications: 20th February 2020
Evaluation of the application: February – April 2020
Personal interview with the best applicants: April – May 2020
Award Ceremony: May 2020, Location: Lupa
Recognized leaders are invited for the evaluation of applications and will meet with the best ones in person.
Excellence in the profession who accepted our invitation to participate in the jury:
- Nikolett Blaskó, ACG Advertising Agency – Owner and Executive Director
- Klára Tatár-Kiss, City Hungary – HR Director
- Barbara Németh (Bite), Coaching Team – Executive Director
- Judit Endrei-Kiss, Telenor Hungary – HR Vice Director
- Tibor Bodor, ING Bank N.V. – CEO of the Hungarian Branch
- Károly Gerendai, Businessman, Cultural organizer, Founder of Sziget Festival
- Ferenc Csulak, E.ON – CEO of North Transdanubian Electricity Network Ltd.
- Gábor Kornai, among others, Founder-Chairman of AAM Management Information Consulting Ltd.
The winner will receive the Young Leader of the Year 2019 Award and he/she as well as other awarded applicants will take part in several development opportunities. Among other things, the winner could choose if he/she would like to take part at the one-year long Youth Leaders Academy 2020 or at the Coaching Team’s 140 hour-long GREAT Coaching School Coach Training, moreover the winner will also partake from prizes offered by sponsors of the Award.
One applicant will be awarded as the Young Leader of the Year, but in case of several high-quality application special prize/ category prizes will be distributed!
We treat personal data in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parlament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
8. More information
We keep up to date with the competition and prizes on our website and on our social media sites. For any further questions or concerns regarding the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work and organizational psychologist